ICCA is the global community for the meetings industry, enabling its members to generate and maintain significant competitive advantage.
ICCA (the International Congress and Conventions Association) is the most global meetings industry association and the leader in the international association meetings sector. ICCA represents the main specialists in organising, transporting, and accommodating international meetings and events, and comprises almost 1,000 member companies and organisations in over 90 countries worldwide. ICCA specialises in the international association meetings sector, offering unrivalled data, communication channels, and business development opportunities.
ICCA was founded in 1963 by a group of travel agents (see ICCA History). Their first and foremost aim was to evaluate practical ways to get the travel industry involved in the rapidly expanding market of international meetings and to exchange actual information related to their operations in this market. This initiative soon proved to have been taken at the right moment: the meeting industry expanded even more rapidly than foreseen. As a result of which candidates from all over the world applied for ICCA membership. Not only congress travel agents but representatives from all the various sectors of the meetings industry.
ICCA now is one of the most prominent organisations in the world of international meetings. It is the only association that comprises a membership representing the main specialists in handling, transporting and accommodating international events.
ICCA's network of almost 1,000 suppliers to the international meetings industry spans the globe, with members more than 90 countries. All companies and organisations which have a strategic commitment to provide top quality products and services for international meetings should consider ICCA membership as part of their long term plans.
International meeting planners can rely on the ICCA network to find solutions for all their event objectives: venue selection; technical advice; assistance with delegate transportation; full convention planning or ad hoc services. ICCA members represent the top destinations worldwide, and the most experienced specialist suppliers.
ICCA's Head office is based in the Netherlands. ICCA's Regional Offices are based in Malaysia, South Africa, U.A.E., U.S.A. and Uruguay.
Why ICCA membership?
- If international association meetings are an important part of your business mix, there is simply no better nor more cost-effective way to win business from this sector!
- If you're looking to join an effective, global, business networking platform which brings together the top directors and thought-leaders from all regions of the world and all sectors of the meetings industry, look no further: ICCA is where they link up and do business.
- If you want to encounter unique, stimulating, forward-thinking, strategic-level education and debate, join us at the annual ICCA Congress. And if you want your research, sales and marketing teams to win more business, ICCA has great educational opportunities for them too.
- If your organisation is genuinely committed long-term to the international meetings industry, we believe you have a role to play in our global business community. And ICCA membership is the clearest possible way to tell the market about your commitment and professionalism.
- If you want to belong to a trade association that aims to deliver creative solutions for each member's unique meetings-related objectives, ICCA is your answer.
All ICCA Benefits are listed here.
Why ICCA membership in times of global economic turbulence?
The international association meetings market is recognised as the most resilient and dynamic sector of our industry when the global economy faces difficult conditions, and should be an essential element in any destination's business mix. ICCA is quite simply the perfect solution to penetrate this market and to build long-term protection against economic turmoil!