1. "The World Energy Council selected the Asia/Pacific region for the 19th World Energy Congress & Exhibition because of the importance of energy and natural resources in the region. The opportunity also exists to promote energy sustainability to Governments and to potential delegates. The Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre was selected as the Congress venue as it offers excellent facilities close to Sydney's business centre."
- Jim Starkey
Executive Director and Technical Director
Sydney World Energy Congress Pty Ltd
GPO Box 128
Sydney, NSW 2001, Australia
2. "One of the best things about hosting an international meeting in Melbourne is that one can show off our beautiful city to our colleagues from overseas. Melbourne is a great city to host meetings - excellent hotels. Unlimited world-class restaurants, small friendly cafes as well as exciting bars and nightclubs. It is a safe and friendly city in which tourists can happily wander during the day or night. Beautiful beaches, famous vineyards and our scenic Dandenong Ranges are only a short drive from the heart of Melbourne."
- Professor Gab Kovacs
Monash IVF Director of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Monash Medical School
Box Hill Hospital
3. "In helping me to bring this conference to Melbourne, MCVB (Melbourne Convention & Visitors Bureau) was stunning, working with me almost full time for some months. When we presented the bid in Beijing, our bid won hands down, as we were so much better prepared than anyone else. The Melbourne Exhibition & Convention Centre (MECC) is a good facility; it is a thing of beauty. The MECC 'walked many extra miles' with us, accessing additional space. The Australian delegates were immensely proud of this congress; the international delegates were simply blown away. Organisers of four other Congresses, already planned for Australia, have sought meetings with me to get some guidance and the German team that will be running the 2008 Genetics Congress have invited me to visit as soon as possible. This speaks volumes for what our team, centred in the MECC, has accomplished."
-Dr Philip Batterham
Congress Secretary General
XIX International Congress of Genetics 2003.
4. "The Melbourne Exhibition & Convention Centre (MECC) worked extraordinarily well and the technical aspects were well managed by Staging Connections. The speakers were able to update their presentations to within hours of being given and in most cases, we could electronically send power point presentations directly to the lecture theatre. There was plenty of space for all our activities, with the exhibition area being the hub of the conference where teas and lunches were served."
- Mark Woods
Law Institute Victoria
13th Commonwealth Law Conference 2003.
5. "Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre is the best venue I have ever worked with in the eight years I have been working for Rotary International and the Brisbane Centre staff take the term 'partnering' with its clients very literally. If we were concerned with any aspect of the operation of the convention, we were surprised to find Centre staff had already met on the same issue and had options ready and waiting for us."
- L.J. Williams
Manager International Meetings
94th Annual Meeting of Rotary International 2003
6. To Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Australia: "You exemplify what team work means. The staff are such a delight to work with. It was the best WOCCU (World Council of Credit Unions) International Credit Union Forum ever. Forum 2003 has set the standards for WOCCU and will become the anchor point for measuring the next one."
- Marechiel Santos
World Council of Credit Unions - WOCCU.
7. "It is my pleasure to have this chance to recommend the Beijing International Convention Center (BICC) as the meeting venue for large-scale international congresses. * The city is so attractive of it's history, culture, tradition and colourful life to the visitors all over the world; * The fast development of the city will bring the big convenience to all the meeting organizers and participants in transportation, hotel accommodation, food, tours and entertainment; * BICC is surrounded by many hotels from 5 star to 2 star in walking distance and they can offer very good service for meeting participants; * BICC is the place where the most professional convention service is offered in China. "
- Prof. Zhang Kan
Secretary General 28th International Congress of Psychology
8. "The Taipei International Convention Center is a first rate conference and event facility with state-of-the-art facilities, recent renovations, and a large international team of event planners. It is an extremely flexible center suitable for every need. TICC planners provide superlative technical operations, catering, logistics, and onsite management services. Expert advice and support is readily available during every stage of an event, from planning through to execution. We have sponsored over 40 events for top multinational IT corporations at TICC and have found that the flexible spaces and technical facilities are the best in the metropolitan Taipei area.
Our ongoing association with TICC has been fostered by your extreme attention to detail and professional teams who are always willing to be of assistance. I feel that the resources TICC offers greatly contribute and enhance an event's success or failure, and we will continue to cooperate with TICC to provide even more important regional events in the very near future."
- Agnes Liu
Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
9. "We are pleased to recommend the Taipei International Convention Center (TICC) as one of the best places in the Asia Pacific region for conferences in hi-tech industries. According to our past experiences in cooperating with TICC, its professional convention organizer (PCO) successfully provided us with everything we needed to organize an excellent conference, including using the most appropriate software and hardware system. To put it more simply, TICC has guaranteed our every success with unprecedented ease. We would most certainly utilize TICC's excellent facilities again and work continuously with its highly efficient PCO team in the nearest future. We look forward to seeing more international people make the most of TICC just as we are doing now."
- Chien-Pin Wang
Project Leader and Project Office Director
Industrial Technology Intelligence Services (IT IS) Ministry of Economic Affairs
Taiwan, R. O. C.
HONG KONG, China-P.R.
10. To Hong Kong Tourism Board: "Hong Kong was a first for us, I think we'll go back, hold other kinds of meetings and I would thoroughly recommend it as a destination for an immense number of reasons."
- Mr Timothy Balding
World Association of Newspaper
54th World Newspaper Congress/8th World Editors Forum/Info Services Expo, 3-6 June 2001
11. To KW Conferences, New Delhi, India: "Please accept my most whole-hearted accoldade to your most considerate and generous dedication to the absolute success of the IPBA New Delhi meeting. I had the pleasure of not only appealing our case to the member colleagues in the IPBA, but also unveiling to myself the most reverend domains of the people and culture of India. It was indeed a wonderful job."
- JK Lin
Inter-Pacific Bar Association - IPBA Annual Conference & Meeting, Feb 2003
12. To KW Conferences, New Delhi, India: "I do not think I can adequately thank you for planning and executing the Conference so well and for working with me and taking our phone calls at all odd hours. I knew that all of you had a lot of midnight oil to burn but was glad to note that the oil lasted through the Conference and we came through with our sense of humour intact."
Rajinder Narain & Co. Solicitors and Advocates
New Delhi, India.
13. "A congress with a lot of heart and very precise organization. Perfect for the FIATA World Congress event and it was an event that we were impressed by. The sights and the events were stunning. The island of Bali stood out as a perfect venue. The program put together by the forwarding community of Indonesia and the implementation by Pacto Convex Ltd. made it a very special and outstanding event.
The presentations on Indonesia was very educational and I thought that the activity between 17,000 plus islands was as demanding a logistics situation as can be any international movement.
A good example and a great heart felt event."
- A Thomas
National Association of Freight Logistics
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
FIATA World Congress 2003, Bali International Convention Centre
14. To Pacto Covex Ltd., Indonesia: "The FIATA WORLD CONGRESS 2003 is already history. We had a wonderful and peaceful congress in Bali. Everything went smooth and no complaints arose. Special thanks go also to the interpreters for their excellent work and to PACTO for all they have done for us. My dear Indonesian friends, let me thank you very much for the more than nice reception extended to all delegates during their stay in Bali. Especially with your effort, co-operation, assistance and help it was possible having such a successful congress.
- Peter Maegerle
Phone: ++41-(0)1-311 65 11
Telefax: ++41-(0)1-311 90 44
15. To Pacto Convex Ltd., Jakarta, Indonesia: "Thank you for organizing such a wonderful and unforgettable 17th Asia Pacific Cancer Congress in the beautiful island of Bali. We truly enjoyed the interaction and lectures as well as the sights."
- Dr. C. B. Goh
Therapeutic Radiology Department
National Cancer Centre Singapore (NCCS)
17th Asia Pacific Cancer Congress (APCC), 2003
16. To the Chairman of 17th Asia Pacific Congress (APCC): "I would like to congratulate you for the successful arrangement of the 17th Asia Pacific Congress. I feel proud and lucky as participant and research award nominee of this prestigious congress. I like to express my sincere gratitude and thanks to you and full team for the kind invitation and extending warm hospitality during my stay in Bali. Many thanks and best wishes."
- Dr. M. Kamaluddin
National Institute of Cancer Research and Hospital
Phone: +8802-8826561, 011845191
17. "I organized the 11th World Congress for Bronchology in 2000. At this international conference that drew approximately 2000 participants, our opening ceremony was honoured by the attendance of Their Imperial Highnesses Prince and Princess Akishino. All of the preparation and management of the congress was entrusted to Japan Convention Services, INC (JCS). Multi-dimensional live broadcasting, now a common technique used in surgery-related conferences, was a highlight at the time. Live conferencing between America, Germany and Yokohama was still a novel experiment, but thanks to the solid management of JCS staff on the day of the event, the Organizing Committee was able to focus on the academinc content. Ever since this very successful congress, I have continued to rely on JCS for my conference planning and operations."
- Hirokuni Yoshimura, M.D.
Dean Kitasato University School of Medicine
11th World Congress for Bronchology 2000
18. "The Japanese Association for Dental Science holds its conferences once every four years. In May 2000, we held our 19th annual meeting jointly with the 22nd Asia Pacific Dental Congress in Tokyo and hosted many foreign participants, especially from Asia. There were some 30,000 pre-registrations, with more than 1,000 coming from abroad. The events were five years in the planning with Japan Convention Services (JCS), our conference operations partner. During the conference, we appreciated the great advice and attention to detail by the true professionals that JCS assigned to assist the Secretariat. We valued their person-to-person communications, and now know that we couldn't have held the conference without JCS's support."
- Mr. Satoshi Kondo
Secretariat of Japanese Association for Dental Science
19. "It gives me great pleasure to commend Japan Convention Services (JCS) for the excellent service your staff provided to Lions Club International during our 2002 International Convention in Osaka. Their planning, communication and execution of details were outstanding. The tremendous support we received from your Kansai Regional Office up to and during our stay was invaluable. Our many requests and last -minute changes were handled quickly and professionally. Please convey our deep appreciation to each of them for a job well done. Once again, thank you for everything. We look forward to the opportunity to work with Japan Convention Services again in the future.
- Ms. Renee Aubin
Convention Division Manager
Lions Clubs International
20. "The event "Latest Development In Water Quality (Technical Conference)" co-organised by Macao Water Supply Co., Ltd., China Water Supply Association, Sino French Water Development Co., Ltd and SUEZ on March 22nd to 23rd, 2004 was superbly accomplished. This conference demonstrated that Macao Water is a pioneer in the Development in Water Quality in this region. We would like to express our heartfelt thanks to you and your team for the support and co-arrangement in all the logistics throughout the Event preparation, including: Conference' Enrolment, Grand Opening Ceremony, Gala Dinner for Participants, Closing Luncheon and Half-day Technical Visit. I am pleased to have Prime Marketing as our Professional Conference Organiser (PCO) for this Technical Conference. We have a very good experience working with you and your company at all time. We appreciate support from you and your team and look forward to having opportunity for further cooperation in a near future."
- Oscar Chu
Member of Organising Committee
Latest Development in Water Quality Technical Conference
Deputy General Manager
The Macao Water Supply Co., Ltd
21. "Thank you for all the wonderful assistance you provided us and to all our clients Nokia and their 120 senior-level guests who came from as far as the United States and the entire Asia Pacific region - it was a great four days! Apart from the professionalism you showed with all transfers, the great assistance to your teams exhibited during the teambuilding exercise and being the most knowledgeable guides in all of Macau, Taipa and Coloane, we appreciated most how you went out of you way to meet all our needs and many requests. Our client and their guests were impressed with the city of Macau and all the historical sites they got to see with you. And of course, the Portugese and Macanese cuisine were - as expected - gastronomic hits with the guests! The golfers especially loved playing at the Macau Golf and Country Club with its great sea views and dramatic drops. We look forward to working with you again the next time we return to Macau, which will hopefully be soon! Thank you once again!"
- Sanjay Seth
Director, Business Development + Creative Director
the audience motivation company asia (pte) ltd
Nokia Executive Summit Asia Pacific 2004
22. To Environment Council, Macao SAR: "I would like to thank you for the hospitality and courtesies extended to me during the recent visit to Macao, China. I found my visit very enlightening and an excellent opportunity to participate in the important International Conference and Exhibition on Sustainable Development and Green Enterprises. I have also addressed a letter to Mr. Ao Man Long, a copy of which is enclosed herewith. I look forward to continue our cooperation in the area of sustainable development and hope that my suggestion to Mr Long that Macao, China participate in the Kitakyushu Initiative will receive positive consideration."
- Ravi Sawhney
Environmental and Natural Resources Development Division
United Nations International Conference and Exhibition on Sustainable Development and Green Enterprises, 2001
23. To AOS Convention & Events, Malaysia: "Let me with great satisfaction, convey to you the personal greetings of our President Rt Hon Datuk Shahidan Kassim, the Chief Minister of the State of Perlis. The President chaired the evaluation meeting of the above organizing committee and everyone had full praise for the most professional way that you and your officers handled this prestigious congress. As Event Manager, it was your professional assistance to prepare the materials that the bidding team used to win the bid in Bilbao, Spain in 2000. I must confess that the whole undertaking by your officers and staff made our work much easier. When organizing other events that require professional assistance, we will have no hesitation to discuss with you for your participation. Thank you and please convey our regards to all your officers and staff."
- B. Sarjit Singh
Malaysian Leisure and Recreation Council
7th World Leisure Congress 2002
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
24. "Thank you for a great ISAKOS Congress. It all worked out wonderfully and we could not have been more pleased with the Auckland Convention Centre at THE EDGE(r), their personnel and services. Thanks for your work and great staff. I know you went "beyond the call of duty" and it was greatly appreciated."
- Michelle Johnson
International Society of Arthroscopy Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS) April 2003
25. "Overseas delegates complimented us on the choice of venue, the Auckland Convention Centre at THE EDGE(r) was very appropriate for the conference. Delegates also complimented staff, especially the Security staff for their professionalism as they were polite but firm. Staff in general were very professional and helpful regardless of the time of day."
- Jan Tonkin
The Conference Company
International Embryo Transfer (IETS) Conference January 2003
26. "On behalf of the Global Forum of Societies of Association Executives and the American Society of Association Executives, we would like to formally express our sincere appreciation to you and your staff for your hard work, dedication and hospitality. We also thank you for this opportunity to visit the Philippines. The warmth of your people and beauty of your country truly make the Philippines a great destination."
- Barbara Belmont
American Society of Association Executives (ASAE)
- John H. Graham
IV President and CEO
27. "We greatly appreciated your warm hospitality. I know I will be a big promoter of the Philippines as a destination as a result of the experience."
- John Donaldson
Manager, Executive Management & International Sections
American Society of Association Executives (ASAE).
REPUBLIC OF KOREA
28. To Korea National Tourism Organisation (KNTO): "On behalf of the Union, I would like to thank you once again for the major efforts which were made by you and your staff members in kindly hosting LNG 13 in Seoul, which was an enormous success. It was my pleasure that every programme was implemented in quite well-organized and fruitful manner and that all of us enjoyed Seoul, which was really a dynamic and beautiful city, through your social programmes."
- Hiroshi Urano
International Gas Union LNG 13, January 2002
29. To Korea National Tourism Organisation (KNTO): "I am pleased to contact you, in the name of COTAL and myself as its president, in order to thank you for all the courtesies that you have offered us during our stay in Korea. Besides, we are very pleased to inform you that we have received the best commentaries about the organization of the XLIV COTAL Congress. Please let me tell you that it was a great pleasure to work with you in order to make a success of the event."
- Fernando Soler Castro
Confederation of Latin American Travel Association XLIV COTAL Congress, May 2001
30. To COEX (Convention & Exhibition): "Thank you to you and your staff for helping to make the 29th Annual Meeting and Exhibition of the Controlled Release Society, June 2002 a success. Your staff did a great job assisting to make the meeting operate smoothly and our attendees feel at home. Your staff went above and beyond their job responsibilities to help us pull off this meeting and we greatly appreciate all your efforts. It was a pleasure working with you and look forward to an opportunity when we will work with you again in the future."
- Kristin Horstman
Manager of Meetings
- Paula M. Even
Controlled Release Society 29th Annual Meeting and Exhibition of the Controlled Release Society, June 2002
31. To Korea National Tourism Organisation (KNTO): "With this letter I would like to thank you for the warm welcome in Korea during the IFAC Symposium on Power Plants & Power Systems Control in September. The visit to Korea was from all aspects for me a very successful and fortunate one. Still when we arrived at the Seoul airport and went out of the building and saw this lot of very big cars looking like German Mercedes Benz Cars we were really impressed. Also the town Seoul itself and the very kind people there made us astonished. The congress itself was a full success. The hospitality of the organisers was awesome for us. No one from the Europeans had expected such a high standard in the electricity supply as we have seen here. The technique there was much more developed as is up to now in Europe."
- Harald Webber
University of Rostock
IFAC Symposium on Power Plants & Power Systems Control, September 2003
32. "Singapore Expo is a surprisingly friendly facility to work with. We are a multi-tasking company and we have to train a lot of distributors. We require flexibility with multiple rooms and this facility has been excellent."
- Mr Randall Brogna
Vice President Event Management & Communications
Herbalife International, Oct 2003
33. To Suntec Singapore: "I would like to ... express my thanks to all of you, for your involvement in the Technical Working Group (IMF Meetings 2006).
The Bid Document could not have been completed in such a short time without your timely inputs. Your efforts in preparing for the visit of the Technical Mission are also much appreciated. The Mission was impressed with the good understanding that agencies showed of the technical requirements under their purview.
Once again, thank you. May I add that for me personally, it's been a pleasure and honour for me to have worked with every one of you. Please also convey our thanks to your colleagues and others not on this email list who have contributed to the effort."
- Lam San Ling
International Department Monetary Authority of Singapore (IMF Meetings 2006)
34. To Suntec Singapore: "It is with great pleasure that we write this note to thank you... We really appreciate not only your professionalism but also the kindness, human value and the exceptional sense of service shown by your team during that week... We are organizing SIBOS for years and each time in different countries and believe me your presentation was one of the best ever."
- Patrick Neutjens
Director of SIBOS
(Society for Interbank Operations Seminar 2003)
35. "I was very happy to meet you at the opening of ARTivitieS: expression + application by Mr. Tharman Shanmugarathnam, Ag Minister for Education.
We would like to thank Suntec Singapore for supporting ARTivitieS... The venue provided a public platform for us to showcase the work of our students and the event was very well received by the conference participants and the members of the public.
We would also like to pace on record our appreciation for the assistance of your staff. Their efforts contributed in no small measure to the success of this event.
- Chan Jee Kun (Mrs)
Curriculum Planning and Development Division Ministry of Education
Singapore (ARTivitieS: expression + application - 2004)
36. To Sri Lanka Convention Bureau: "Following the outstanding success of the AITO Overseas Conference 2003, held in Colombo 20th - 25th November 2003, we wish to thank you and all the staff within the Ministry of Tourism who made our conference a truly memorable event. We are indebted to you personally for your support and skilful direction which ensured that the AITO Conference 2003 took place in Sri Lanka. During the period prior to the conference when political events could potentially have jeopardised the running of the conference, your decisive statements provided us with the reassurance of the stability in the everyday life of Colombo that we required in order to ensure that safety of our delegates. We also appreciated the care and attention given to the safety and security of all delegates during the conference period".
- Martin Garland
AITO (Association of Independent Tour Operators - UK)
AITO Overseas Conference 2003 - Sri Lanka
37. "This is just a note to let you know how impressed I was with the organisation and conduct of WAM2004 (World Asthma Meeting). You were absolutely correct in everything you said about having the meeting in Bangkok. The conference center, (Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre) provided the right balance of large conference halls, smaller meeting rooms, adequate space for exhibits, and many places for people to get together informally. The staff were well organized, efficient and helpful. All of this meant the scientific program was in the hands of the presenters and discussants. And you had the best of those. The lectures were informative, provocative, and entertaining. The mark of a really good meeting is the discussions it stimulates outside of the meeting rooms, and the new ideas, hypotheses, and projects those discussions spawn. By that measure, as by all the others, this was a highly successful meeting. As for "creature comforts", the social amenities for the speakers were generous. I felt welcomed, even cosseted, throughout the stay. And Bangkok is a spectacular city, a rich, fascinating blend of modernism and history, and of regional and global cultures. I was sorry I could not extend my stay. I hope you are taking the pride and pleasure you and your staff deserve, Suchai*. Congratulations on putting on such a successful World Asthma Meeting. You have set a high standard for future meetings."
- Dr Homer Boushey
American Thoracic Society (ATS)
University of California, USA
*Dr Suchai Charoenratanakul
World Asthma Congress
Mahidol University, Thailand.